Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kick-off...with a storm!

GO BLUE!

Today was the first football game of the season up here in UMich, and while 110,000 people fled to the stadium to watch the game, I stayed home and watched on TV.

Not being much of a sports guy, I didn't bother buying season tickets--not to mention the cost...I am already broke as it is. Shrug.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed watching the game! Maybe something did in fact happen to me at orientation, because I am suddenly full of pride for our team! I felt left out not going, but it was still exciting!

As if that wasn't enough, a STORM came rumbling by, thus delaying the game, eventually leading to an evacuation of the stadium, and a final call of the score: 34-10. MICHIGAN BEATS W. MICHIGAN! Woohoo!

But the storm, I have to say, did freak me out. I was all alone in my apartment, and probably in my neighborhood since everyone was at the game...so I closed the windows and watched the news, eating ice cream to try and comfort myself.

And it worked. (Or maybe it was just cause the storm stopped).

Now I am getting ready for bed. But not until I give a shout out to my lil sis who is turning 17 in a few minutes:

DASSSIH! (<---That's not her name...just an inside joke.)

Anyways, Happy Bday Nick, hope you are a well-behaved 17-year-old.

Gnight, Ann Arbor--see you in the A.M.!

-R

PS- I stole this pic off of Facebook. Like I said, I wasn't at the game. Also, btw, my roommate is a sax player in the marching band! Holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment